HomeMathReading WritingScience Social StudiesClassroom IdeasMisc

Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'MMMMMMMM BAAAAAACK!


First, I truly want to apologize!  I am extremely sorry about going missing for so long. It was not intentional, but it was due to the many needs of my own class this year. Unfortunately I did not even get to visit other people's blogs with any consistency.  I feel like I missed so many wonderful things. I just never felt like I had the time to add things to my new blog.  For that, I am TRULY sorry!!

This year has been one of the most hectic of my entire career.  Last summer, I was reassigned to 2nd grade from Kindergarten.  If learning all new curriculum  was not enough, I then had 26 students in a small classroom. (Here in Texas the class limit in grades K - 4 is supposed to be 22, but due to statewide funding issues, the state is giving waivers left and right!)  The kids were also VERY sociable. :)  It seemed I spent every moment just trying to create things that I would need for my own classroom and trying to keep up with the goings on of MY class. 

Now that school is out, hopefully I can take a few breaths and get back to creating a few new things to share. I now know what I still need to create for my own classroom, and I also know better what 2nd grade teachers can use in their classrooms. Now that 2nd grade is "home", I want to create things that will help my students meet the standards while still having fun. 

So watch out!  I will try to post a few things that I created for my own classroom and maybe someone out there can use them too.  If you have an idea about something that I could help you develop, just let me know!

Whew!  I feel a little like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz!




There truly is "No place like home!" .......even if it is just my "blog home"!

No comments:

Post a Comment